Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Blogger newbie tag!

I found this tag on youtube. The name was "Booktube newbie tag" . I change the questions , so it also fits a regular blogger. Since I'm new with this blog , I thought it was a great way to get to know me better. Especially for those who have not followed me earlier. I have had previous blogs , while this blog is only a few months old .

Image result for reading girl drawing


Girl reading in lawn, Miles Hyman.

1. Where are you joining us from?

I live in Norway, where I was raised and born. I'm from a small village in the countryside. While I now live in a city, one hour drive by car from where I grew up.


2. How old are you?


I'm 27 years old. Born the 22th of August, in 1989.


3. Why did you join the book blogger community?


I loved books since ever. Even before I could read. I remember my older sister and mother reading The Famous Five by Enid Blyton too me before bedtime. My first favorite book series. I quickly learned to read, because I felt no one read fast enough.


I've always liked books, but unfortunately never had many friends who have been equally book enthusiasts like me. So I felt a lack of someone to talk to about my reading experiences with during my entire life . Apart from Harry Potter. Everyone have read Harry Potter. With the book blogger community and booktube, I found many new friends and people just like me. With this blog I want to share my love for books.


4. What is the meaning behind your blog name?


I tried to find a name that I think suits both me and my blog. After a lot of thinking, I come up with the name Msbookgeek. The only meaning behind the name is that I wanted it to have something to do with books.

5. What kind of books do you read// want to write about?


I read almost all kinds of books. Thriller and crime is probably the only two genres I don't read a lot of. But what I read most of is young adult, historical novels and fantasy. I also like to read contemporary once in a while.


6. Who are some of your favourite authors?


Like any other reader, I have a lot of favorite authors. J.K Rowling, Heidi Heilig, Richelle Mead, Stephenie Perkins, Cassandra Clare, Rick Riordan, Benjamin Alire Saenz, Markus Zusak, Rainbow Rowell and many more.


7. What's the last book you read?


Ms Marvel volume 3. If a graphic novel is considered as a book. If not, Carry on by Rainbow Rowell.


8. What are you currently reading?


I'm currently reading two books. More happy than not by Adam Silvera, and Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes.



9. What do you use for bookmarks?

Bookmarks. I have a big collection of them. Specially from etsy.


10. Show us your current TBR pile.


I did a video of my TBR books on youtube ( my only video on there, so far!). I do have some books in my parents house which is not in this video. But perhaps I make a video about them another time. Mostly old thriftstore classics and some books in norwegian.




11. What do you prefer? - Hardback or Paperback/ E-books or Physical books/ Owning or borrowing books. 

I love hardback more. But do have some of both, because paperback is cheaper. I do have a kindle and a kindle app on my phone. It's fantastic when you're on vacation. Easy to carry around a lot of books in your pocket. But I love physical books much more. I'm old-fashioned that way. There is something about the feeling of holding the real book in your hand. I love owning books and the last six-seven years I bought a lot of books for my own library collection. But I don't have a lot of money. I need food and a place to live more. Sadly I can't live on only books or make a house out of books. So I use the local library a lot too.


12. What book/series got you into reading?


I have loved reading as long as I can remember, but the interest become even bigger after reading the first Harry Potter book when it came out in Norwegian the year I turned nine or ten. But I remember reading The Famouse Five series by Enid Blyton, Goosebumps series by R.L Stine and The little vampire by Angela Sommer-Bodenburg from I was very young. Perhaps. Eight years old. For me all these books made me fall in love with reading.


13. How did you dicover blogger or any other blog platform?


I think 2006 or 2007.


14. What challenges do you feel you'll face with your own blog?


My english writing, with out a doubt. I do not write english daily , nor speak it daily . So I try to get better. But grammatical errors in sentences may occur. In advance I apologize for this.


15. Where can we find you? ( Sosial media).


You can find me a lot of places. List in the sidebar.


16. Who are some of your favorite blogger?


I love a lot of blogger. Specially book blogger. My three absolute favorite is in the sidebar.


Hope you find this post interesting. I love a comment and please share with the world. If you like to do this post, gladly do so. But it would be great if you left a link in the comment with your own post. Love to read them all.


Have a great weekend!


Elin



No comments:

Post a Comment