Pages

Monday, January 23, 2017

End of the year Survey 2016 edition!



End of the year survey 2016 edition is created by Jamie at the Perpetual page-turner.


Number Of Books You Read: 33 books.
Number of Re-Reads: 
2 books.
Genre You Read The Most From:
Fantasy.


best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2016?

The Martian by Andy Weir.

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Carry on by Rainbow Rowell.

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

The girl from everywhere by Heidi Heilig. This book really suprised me in a good way.

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

I never "push" people to read something. Because most people I know in real life don't read much. But perhaps the book I talk on the internet about the most and said people should read was The girl from everywhere by Heidi Heilig.

 5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?

Best series I started has to be The raven boys by Maggie Stiefvater. My Raven boys <3 Best sequel of last year has to be The Dream thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. I love this world so much. Looking forward to read the rest of the series in 2017. The best series ender must be Isla and the happily ever after by Stephenie Perkins. If you can call it a series. I really loved the last piece, where all the characters from the three different books came together.

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?

 Heidi Heilig. I love her so much.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

The Martian by Andy Weir. I don't read much Science Fiction.  

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

The Outsiders by S. E Hinton.  

 9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

I almost never re-read books beside Harry Potter by J. K Rowling. Perhaps Bloom: navigating life and style by Estee Lalonde. I love her youtube channel and her book was fantastic written. I can really see my self re-read it in the future and perhaps in 2017. 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?

 The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl from Everywhere, #1)

11. Most memorable character of 2016?

 It's very hard to choose only one. I love so many memorable characters. The strange thing is that they all are boys. Yes I feel in love with boys in books all the time. I'm that girl. But they are all described so beautifully that I can not help it. Why are all these good and amazing boys only fiction? If I have to choose only one... Why is this so hard? Ronan Lynch from The raven cycle by Maggie Stiefvater.

I love Ronan so much.

Bilderesultat for ronan lynch

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?

The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah. I love this book so much. Yes some of it was hard to read about but it was so beautifully written. It took my breath away.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?

The Outsiders by S. E Hinton. 

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read? 

The Martian by Andy Weir. 

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?

“Don’t get caught. The last thing we need is for you to go to jail.”
“For treason?” he said, running a comb through his tousled hair. “We wouldn’t go to jail.”
“Really?”
“We’d be shot.”
“You always know just what to say.”
“I try to look on the bright side.”  

- Kashmir from The girl from everywhere by Heidi Heilig.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?

My shortest book is Mensen by Agnes Ravatn. My biggest book is Carry on by Rainbow Rowell.

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

The Outsiders by S. E Hinton.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Isla and Josh from Isla and the happily ever after by Stephenie Perkins.

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

The friendship between Gansey and Ronan from The raven cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

The Enchantress Returns by Chris Colfer.

21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

The raven boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?

Newt Scamander from Fantastic beasts and where to find them: the original screenplay by J.K Rowling.

23. Best 2016 debut you read?

The girl from everywhere by Heidi Heilig.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

The raven boys by Maggie Stiefvater.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

The Martian by Andy Weir. Mark Watney is one of the most funniest characters ever. I laughed so hard at times.

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?

The outsiders by S. E Hinton.

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

The girl from everywhere by Heidi Heilig. I not sure this is a hidden gem, but for me it kind of was. I never thought this would be so good. 

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

The Martian by Andy Weir. This book is so amazing.

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?

The girl from everywhere by Heidi Heilig or The Martian by Andy Weir.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?



       The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah. I love this book so much, but it made me so mad a times. Specially because this book is about the second world war and well... I hated the nazis. If I could go back in time. I would kill Hitler with my own hands. I would not bothered about being killed myself, just to enjoy the moment. I promise you, I'm not a murderous person. But when it comes to certain people in history. I feel anger bubble up inside me.

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?

 I'm very bad at writing reviews. Hardly ever do it, unfortunately. Hope to get better at it in 2017. My favorite is perhaps my review on: The girl from everywhere.


3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

 I have none of them, maybe I should do such a post in 2017. I love a good discussion, specially about book.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I never participated in any author signings, festivals and things like that.  I live in Norway and the authors I want to meet they live across the universe so to speak.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?

When I read The Martian by Andy Weir.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?


Read books. I love to read, and although I felt 2016 was a good year of reading. I read some amazing books. I also felt I read very slowly compared to other years.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

My most popular post in 2016 was: Top Ten Tuesday in honor of fall tv.


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Not sure what to pick.  Maybe one of my book tag's. I love doing them.

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

My big goal for 2016 was to read as much as possible or could achieve. I felt I did that. Even though I did not read much.

looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?

 Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?

The ship Beyond time by Heidi Heilig.

3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

Cold summer by Gwen Cole.  

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?

King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard.  

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?

I hope to review more books.  

6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:


I have not read any 2017 release yet.


I was supposed to have done this long ago, but forgot about it completely. But better late than never. Read any amazing books last year?


No comments:

Post a Comment