Pages

Friday, June 23, 2017

Mid year book tag!

First, I can not believe that we are already in the end of June, half the year has already disappeared. Feels completely unreal how fast time sometimes goes. I read some books this year. 29 books so far. Including some graphic novels. 

Bilderesultat for books gif

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017.

I read so many amazing books in 2017. The best book I read so far is When breath becomes air by Paul Kalanithi. This is a very emotional non-fiction read. I did a book review on this unique story earlier this year. 

When Breath Becomes Air

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2017.

I got the illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets for Christmas last year by my mom. I love Harry Potter and could re-read the series several times a year without getting bored. 


Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.


I really want to read Lady Midnight, I love Emma and Julian in the last book of TMI. But I'm a little skeptical and afraid not to like it. Therefore, I have not read it yet, even though I pre-ordered it last year. I feel I have a hate/love relationship with Cassandra Clare's books. Either I love them so much. Like I did with The Infernal Devices or I hate them , like I did with The Mortal Instruments. Besides the last book. I love City of Heavenly fire so much. So this may not be a very new book, but this year I decided not to buy many books. So it's one of the latest releases I have on the bookshelf, which I have not yet read.

Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1)

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

I love Adam Silvera so much. I'm very excited to read "They both die at the end". This sound like a story I would love. 

They Both Die at the End

5. Biggest disappointment.


Not sure why. I usually love fantasy, but I did not manage to get into this story. The forbidden Library sounded so amazing and like a perfect book for me. Unfortunately not.

The Forbidden Library (The Forbidden Library, #1)

6. Biggest surprise.

I had never read a Sophie Kinsella book when I decided to borrow this at the library. I love it so much. The story, the characters and everything. I did a review on it not long ago. 

My Not So Perfect Life

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)

Adam Silvera with no doubt. I read More happy than not earlier this year and I loved the book so much. The writing was epic, fantastic and amazing. 

More Happy Than Not

8. Newest fictional crush.


There are many I could have chosen, but since I love historical fiction and well, British boys, I had to choose Thomas cresswell from Stalking Jack the ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. I love him so much, he is mysterious, sweet and charming at the same time. I think the main reason I loved him so much was that he reminded me a little about William Herondale.

Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)

9. Newest favorite character.

I love Agatha from The School for good and evil so much. I really hope she get her happy ending.

The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)

10. Book that made you cry.

When breath becomes air by Paul Kalanithi or More happy than not by Adam Silvera. I cried a little bit of them both.

11. Book that made you happy.

My not so perfect life by Sophie Kinsella.

12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year.

I saw this in the cinema last year and bought it on dvd some month ago. I love this film adaptation.

Bilderesultat for Miss peregrines home for peculiar

13. Favorite review you've written this year. (Booktube version: Favorite video you have done so far in this year)

I love writing reviews. But it takes time, so I don't do it as often as I would have liked. Hope to get better at it. Of those I've written so far this year, my review of Stalking Jack the Ripper may be my favorite. Especially because I loved the book so much. 

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)

The Beauty and the Beast

I love the cover on The beauty and the beast. So beautiful.

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

I don't really have any books I need to read before the year is over, but I hope to have read some more of the books I own and have on my bookshelf.

~ Elin ~ 

2 comments:

  1. Elsker slike innlegg,og de er alltid så morsomme å lese :D

    Jeg tenke å gi "The Mortal Instruments" en sjanse, men synd å høre at du ikke liker serien så godt. Heldigvis likte du avslutningen av serien, da får man litt motivasjon til å lese den ferdig. Man må vel dessuten lese "The Mortal Instruments" for å kunne lese "The Infernal Devices"?, og den serien likte du jo godt heldigvis :D

    Hvor kjøpte du forresten den utgaven av "The Beauty and the Beast"? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nei man trenger ikke å lese begge seriene, de handler om to vidt forskjellige tidsepoker og har ikke så mye med hverandre å gjøre. The Infernal Devices er 1800 tallet og London mens The Mortal Instruments er New York og mer nåtid. Det eneste er at noen av karakterene fra The infernal Devices dukker opp i The Mortal Instruments i slutten av serien, så har man lest begge vet man jo litt mer om karakterene. Seriene er skrevet slik at man kan lese bare en hvis man vil, eller begge hvis man vil det. Noe av det som jeg tror gjorde at jeg likte slutten av The Mortal instruments bedre, var at forfatteren har blitt bedre til å skrive. For de første bøkene i The Mortal instruments, var de første bøkene hun kom ut med. Jeg kjøpte "The beauty and the beast" på Adlibris på nett. Jeg synes det er billig, så handler de fleste bøkene jeg kjøper der :-)

      Delete